Wednesday, July 31, 2019

THURSDAY, August 1st - Figure 8 from Embassy Suites - 8:00 AM Start + BIRTHDAY CELEBRATION

UPDATE THURSDAY MORNING 6:30AM

  I am going to cancel today's ride.  The last I looked it appeared that rain might linger for a few more hours,  There will probably be riding weather later today.  I hope you will be able to get out then but NO NORTHLAND GROUP RIDE TODAY.
  Another reason for my decision is that I took a medium-hard spill yesterday (at low speed).  My left arm is in a soft cast with a elbow fracture.  I am making an appointment with an orthopedist today to see what needs to be done.  Initially I was told I could be out for all of August.  I will see about continuing with Thursday rides and probably be able to meet up at the breakfast stops.
  Thanks to Rick McCullough, Dan & Kathy Tiemeier and Kathy L. for tending to me post crash.  I hope to see you all back on the road ASAP.

This week's Thursday route I plan is an old (modified) Figure 8 route.  The southern loop is 17.5 miles around Weatherby Lake.  The northern loop is 15.4 miles going as far as Martin Rd and Skyview.  We could do these in either order with a breakfast stop at the Cracker Barrel either in the middle or at the end.


The weather looks borderline as I write this (6am Wednesday).  Watch this site or check email Thursday morning for possible cancellation. 
AND ANOTHER THING
Deb Wood's Birthday

Deb is inviting us to help celebrate her birthday.
I imagine texting RSVPs to this number would be a good idea.



No comments:

Post a Comment